Saturday, July 08, 2006

The Humble Abode

I took these photos during my home inspection last month. I was wary of posting them before I closed on the house for fear of jinxing my housebuying mojo. But I figger, we've lived in the house a week-- it hasn't burned down or been repossessed, so it's time to share.

Believe me, I'd love to show the "after" photos, but there isn't a single room that's ready for her close-up. The front porch looks amazing and is the closest to "done," but we're still using portable camp chairs for furniture. The bathroom is done-ish, but the curtains don't match the shower curtain.

Every day there are hours to be spent on hold trying to get things turned on and switched over. And every day there are nickles and dimes to be spent on things that we didn't know that we'd need. But you know, there are few things as satisfying as sitting on your own couch in your own home and watching a Red Sox game on your own tv. Go Sox!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home