Saturday, June 24, 2006

T minus... eh, I don't do math

"Manic" is the best word to describe me these days. High highs and low lows. Kind of reminds me of those first few post-Katrina weeks-- except the lows were lower, and so were the highs. Every time I reach a low, I wallow a bit and then eventually pull myself out of it by saying, "You just have to get through these next few days."

I'm hoping my new home is big enough for me to retire in, hope I'll always be able to walk up those few front steps, because I don't think I have it in me to move ever again. (Eh, yes, I know what you're saying, "You're only 32, Chip. Stop being so melodramatic." And you're right. But still. Remember the last time you moved? How melodramatic were you?)

Still haven't gotten the final word on financing yet; although I'm preapproved there's still all these hoops to jump through and it's making me nuts. But the truck is rented for Wednesday, and we'll be on the road that evening, so either I'll have the keys and be moved in on Friday, or we'll be wandering around the midwest with a full truck and two cars. And a holiday weekend to contend with. Whose crazy idea was this? (Not mine.)

As soon I feel less panicky about the house and the financing, I'll post some more pictures of the house. In the meantime, keep your fingers crossed for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home