Wednesday, September 14, 2005

duct-tape guy

The day that Michael Brown of FEMA resigned, Jason turned to me and said: "Hm. I wonder if Michael Brown was that guy who told us to stock up on duct tape to protect ourselves from a bio-terror attack."

"Hey, probably," I said. After all, it kind of sounds like something that a failed Arabian Horse Show planner might say.

Jason and I are at Panera Bread Co right now, utilizing their free internet. A moment ago, I nearly choked on my iced mocha.

"Hey Jas," I said. "Remember when you said that you thought Brownie might be the duct tape guy?"

"Yeah."

"Well, Brownie is not the duct tape guy. The guy Bush hired to replace Brownie is the duct tape guy."

DUCT-TAPE GUY: "I recommend that people returning to New Orleans have on hand one of those little yellow plastic margarine tubs for each family member. If you find that the air in and around your home is hard to breathe, strap one of these to your face. Parkay works best. Remember to place tub on your own face before strapping a tub to the face of children or elderly."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home