Saturday, September 03, 2005

And when this is all over, perhaps we'll all be invited to sit on the porch

I will, I swear, try to keep my political and social frustration minimized here. But I thought I would share a piece of a transcript from George Bush's briefing from Mobile, AL today (yesterday).

BUSH: ... We've got a lot of rebuilding to do. First, we're going to save lives and stabilize the situation. And then we're going to help these communities rebuild. The good news is -- and it's hard for some to see it now -- that out of this chaos is going to come a fantastic Gulf Coast, like it was before. Out of the rubbles of Trent Lott's house -- he's lost his entire house -- there's going to be a fantastic house. And I'm looking forward to sitting on the porch. (Laughter.)

GOVERNOR RILEY: He'll be glad to have you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home